Monday, April 4, 2011

Drawing Compliments

I've been wearing Vibrams on and off for more than a month now, and while I've received some stares, finger pointing and whisperings about my choice of footwear, today marks the first time a stranger approaches me about it and even throws in compliments for good measure! Just when I thought Singaporeans were too shy for that kind of thing too!

I was at Unity Healthcare to top up on my Omega 3 fish oil supplements, and while I was paying at the cashier, suddenly I heard someone say, "Wah, your shoes very nice hor."

Looking around, it turned out to be one of the aunties working there, who was putting some of the products on the shelves. Her cashier friend quickly came around the counter to have a look too.

"It must be really comfortable to wear! Very good for walking," one of the aunties commented. The other auntie pointed at my toes and hesitantly asked, "Can you...?" I wiggled my toes to her delight.

They continued bombarding me with questions on how much it costs, where to get it, and a quick tour around the shoe. So there you have it, Singaporeans are not shy after all. Just leave it to the aunties to prove me wrong!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I was wearing my Bikila LS.

No comments:

Post a Comment