Thursday, April 7, 2011

Injuries

Seems like these two weeks are injury weeks for me. Hurt my left wrist and right index finger last Friday during training, when some 70 odd kg dude landed on me. Just when that was getting better, I went to get meself some blisters on the feet. When that was fading too, a friend popped something in my right ankle on Tuesday.

Argh, just not my week. That's more things at once than I've had in months. The wrist was so bad that I had to get my students to pop open the whiteboard marker caps for me, and I already have a bad left index finger, so I'm not too pleased to find my right finger joining the party. Hopefully the right ankle doesn't interfere with running plans this weekend either.

Fortunately though, recovery is faster than expected. By Sunday, the wrist was down to a dull throb, while I can put weight on my ankle again by now. Could be all in my head, but it feels like the Omega 3 and glucosamine supplements are helping with the recovery. Well, this is the first time I'm actively taking supplements and sticking with it, so let's hope I'm not just flushing money down the drain!

No comments:

Post a Comment