Saturday, February 19, 2011

3rd Run

Alright, I'm still here! Just finished the 3rd run, although I took a shorter 20 minute run as I had a long day and didn't sleep well the night before. Didn't want to overstrain myself since I still have an early day tomorrow.

Short lap around the neighbourhood, this time in my Vibram Classics. I've found over the course of the week that they don't come loose that easily and thought I'd give them a try with a run. Turns out they stay on pretty well on runs too! Come to think of it, don't really need the KSOs anymore if these one can hold its on. But what to do, I'm a shopaholic and I couldn't help getting a new pair with funky colours.

Anyway, despite feeling tired and drained initially, I felt super energetic when I finished the run. Almost tempted to extend the run, but decided against it in case it was just an adrenaline high. Wouldn't want to crash later and suffer exhaustion the next day.

That said, I've always been a little addicted to adrenaline as a quick pick me up. Training when I've got a stuffy nose or just feeling overall down makes me feel good after, as the adrenaline somehow resets my system and gets me up and running again. On extended periods when I don't get to train for days, I end up all miserable and my sinuses kick into overdrive.

Weird huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment