Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toe Socks!

Shortly after getting my KSOs, I started hunting for toe socks.

I'm not exactly a barefoot purist, swinging much more to the practical and functional side of things. So wearing socks to reduce the infamous stink in my KSOs seemed a better idea than going for a thin as possible foot padding.

Despite having seen them around in some distant memory before, I couldn't for the life recall where they were sold. After searching around unsuccessfully, I decided to reach for my best friend eBay.

A quick search found me some Injinji micro crew socks with free international shipping, so I bit. The socks took a better part of two weeks to arrive.

If you've never worn toe socks before, these can be a little difficult to slide on at first. Even with practice, the process is still a little slow. Unfortunately, these are the only type of socks Vibrams will take.

The main difference between these and regular socks besides the obvious toe pockets is the extra material between each toe. Since there's essentially two layers between each toe, it feels like they are being spread a little wider.

The upside to that though, is the lack of the sticky feeling between your toes during perspiration, since the socks will pick up moisture between the toes, leaving a nice dry feeling. Guess it'll also help to reduce incidences of athlete's foot between the toes too.

The socks are thin enough that I can still squeeze my toes into my Vibrams without losing blood, although it does make them feel someone bloated and tight. The feeling fades away after awhile of walking around in them though.

Of course, they also fit into normal shoes. So now I have yet another item to add to my collection if curios!

No comments:

Post a Comment