Monday, February 21, 2011

Post Classics Stress Syndrome

Erk. After the run with the Classics, my right foot is starting to hurt a bit. The Classics feel somewhat harder than the KSOs or Treksports. Either that or they might feel thinner and give my feet more impact from the concrete. Regardless, it's not good.

Today, it got so bad that walking with the Classics became nearly impossible. I couldn't walk properly on the right foot because it hurt every time I shifted my weight to the forefoot. I had to compensate by keeping my weight on the blade of the entire foot instead, until I made it home to change into my Tevas. Instantly, the pain was relieved.

Strangely, when I walk around barefoot I have no problem with the pain either. So it must be something about the Classics that's giving me the pain. Could it be because of that cramped right little toe? I did a comparison the other day and discovered that my right little toe is a good half-cm longer than my left little toe. Made me really conscious about how all the Vibrams fit on my foot after that. With the Classics, they are the tightest fit, and it might be the aggravating factor for the foot pain.

Time to revert to my Tevas for the time being.

Update: I was reading up online about injuries from wearing Vibrams, and apparently one common injury is metatarsal stress fracture. Eek. Hopefully that's not what I have, but I'm definitely gonna take it easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment