Saturday, February 12, 2011

Second Run

Ok, so I managed to force myself out on my weekly run again. Good to see I'm still with the programme, haha. Went for a slightly longer run this time, clocking in around 38 minutes or so. I'm still exploring the neighbourhood, so I'm just picking random routes and turning in and out of small roads to get a feel for the area. Using an online distance calculator, it's only been about 4.5km, which means I'm running really slowly!

Shoes of choice this time was the Treksports, as I returned my defective KSOs in between, and had no other Vibrams to use. While I wasn't exactly keen on wearing down the Treksports sole on asphalt, it was a lesser evil compared to my now comparatively bulkier and clumsier cross-trainers.

After last week's run, I had some sores in the calves and couldn't skip properly, but this week it seems like the aches will be more on the glutes instead. Haven't been paying much attention to my form, but seems alright for most part, the right ITB only coming in to irritate a little. Time to up the distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment