Monday, March 21, 2011

Running with Company

For this week's run, looks like I might have some company. A friend decided to join me after I told her about my plans to prep for a marathon. She did complain about my how ugly the Vibrams looked the last time I saw her though, and forbade me to wear it around her.

So I went to buy a pair of Vivobarefoot Neos.

Just kidding. It was an excuse yes, but I had also been looking for a pair of water resistant minimalist shoes. The Vibrams are all very breathable, but they let in water too easily. I hate running with soaked feet, and the weather in recent days have all been very wet and rainy. Wanted to get a pair of Evos at first, but they were out of my size and didn't carry the design I wanted anyway.

More on the shoes in another post. This run will be fun since I get to gauge my speed against another person, and we'll be able to push each other. She'll also be leading me on a new route, so I'll be seeing some new sights which will make the run more interesting. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment